- 1/2 recipe for Basic Sweet Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Steenís 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out the pie shell and place in the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Spread the pecan pieces evenly on the bottom.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, cane syrup, corn syrup, vanilla, salt, butter and flour. Mix well, and pour over the pecans.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour, or until the filling sets and the pastry is light brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool for 1 hour before slicing to serve.