- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound Chevre cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups lentils, blanched
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade of basil
- In a saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the leeks and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and turn into a mixing bowl. Stir in the cheese and white wine. Form the mixture into 8 (2-ounce) cakes. Season the flour and bread crumbs with Essence. Dredge two cakes in the flour.
- Dip the cakes in the beaten eggs, letting the excess drip off. Dredge the cakes in the seasoned bread crumbs.
- In a saute pan, render the bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes. Add the onions and lentils.
- Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- In a saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When the oil is hot, lay the cakes carefully in the oil. Have six cakes breaded and ready to fry. Pan-fry the cakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the oven and drain on paper-lined plate. Season the cakes with Essence. Add the basil to the lentil mixture. Place two of the cakes in the center of the plate. Spoon the relish around the cakes and garnish with chives.
Goat Cheese And Leek Cake With Lentil Salad
Leek And Goat-cheese Cake With Marinated Lentils
Warm Spinach Salad With A Fire-roasted Corn And Crispy Pancetta Dressing And Crumbled Goat's Cheese
Fresh Spinach Salad With Tear Drop Tomatoes And Goat's Cheese
Spinach Salad With Andouille Dressing And Three Nut Crusted Goat's Cheese
Shredded Pork Flautas With Roasted Tomatillo Salsa And Corn And Goat's Cheese Queso
Lasagna Of Fresh Spinach, Corn And Crab With A Goat's Cheese Sauce
Roasted Rack Of Lamb With Goat's Cheese Potatoes And Sauce P…rigueux
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Charlie Trotters Whole Roasted Figs With Goat's Cheese Ice Cream, Spicy Fig Sauce And Oatmeal Tuiles