- 2 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence, plus more for seasoning
- 2 cups steamed or par-boiled and finely diced conch meat (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- Dash hot red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a saute pan or large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, garlic, peppers, and Essence and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the conch and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the egg, milk, and pepper sauce and mix to make a thick batter. Stir in the parsley and the cooled conch mixture.
- In a large deep saute pan or cast iron skillet, heat enough oil to come 2 to 3 inches up the sides of the pan to 350 degrees F.
- Drop the batter, a heaping tablespoon at a time, into the oil and cook, turning once, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Season with Essence and serve hot.
Caribbean Conch Chowder With Conch Fritters
Caribbean Conch Fritters With Island Hot Sauce
Conch Fritters With Mango Chutney
Caribbean Lobster Stew With Spicy Fritters
Hilda's Salt Cod Fritters With Parsley Sauce
Zucchini And Shrimp Fritters
Parmesan Vegetable Fritters
Salt Cod Fritters