- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 pound Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 pound Jambon de Bayonne, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, butter, salt, and black pepper over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat, add the flour, and with a wooden spoon, stir briskly for about 1 minute to incorporate. Return to the heat and continue stirring for 1 minute, over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the cheese and ham and beat until it is incorporated and a slightly soft dough forms. Drop the dough by the spoonful onto the prepared baking sheet to form a ring (about 12 to 14 spoonfuls. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. and bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm on a platter.
Blue Cheese Gougeres
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut With A Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce
Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce
Grilled Rib Eyes With A Smithfield Ham Cole Slaw
Gougeres Stuffed With Ham Mousse
Grilled Vietnamese-Style Chicken Wings
Grilled Lobster Tails with a Ruby Red Grapefruit And Tarragon Vinaigrette
Pork And Shrimp Spring Roll (goi Cuon) With Peanut Sauce (nuoc Leo)
Artichoke And Spinach Dip