- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 cups olive oil
- 4 cups cubes of white bread (1-inch)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. In a saucepan, combine the milk, cinnamon, and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Whisk 1 cup of the hot milk into the melted chocolate. Add the mixture back into the simmering milk. Whisk well. Add the brandy to taste.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, fry the bread until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Ladle the drink into coffee mugs and garnish with the cinnamon sticks. Serve with the fried bread.