- 8 skate wings, (3 to 4 ounces each) cleaned
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 lemons. juiced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 stick butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups assorted vegetables, blanched if needed (such as haricots verts, baby carrots, halved, thinly sliced squash, thinly sliced zucchini, thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced red onions, etc.,)
- Season the skate with salt and pepper. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the skate in the flour, coating completely.
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, saute the skate for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
- Add the shallots and capers. Season with pepper. Saute for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and wine. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the liquid reduces by half, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter, a cube at a time. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Add the fish back into the sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In another saute pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the vegetables in the center of each plate. Place the skate on top of the vegetables and spoon the sauce over the fish. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Cornmeal Crusted Lemonfish With Grilled Onion And Potato Lyonnaise And Crabmeat Ravigote
Skate With Shrimp And Artichoke Vinaigrette
Kicked Up Chicken Wings With Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Chilled Mousse Of Pike With A Truffle And Lobster Salad
Monkfish Court Bouillon
Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Marinated and Grilled London Broil with Emeril's Homemade Steak Sauce
Bone-in Rib-eye Steak with Marchand Du Vin Sauce
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce