- 2 ripe Haas avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lime, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Two and one-fourth cups vegetable oil
- 6 to 8 corn tortillas cut into bite-size wedges
- Combine the avocados, jalapeno, onion, garlic, lime juice and cilantro in a mixing bowl and mix well with a fork, mashing the avocados if desired. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce. Cover and set aside while you prepare the tortillas.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet or deep fryer to 360 degrees. Fry the tortilla pieces, in batches, until lightly golden and crispy, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the guacamole.