- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 3 tablespoons
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
- With a handheld or standing mixer, beat together the shortening and butter. Add the 1 1/2 cups sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the dough, by hand, into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar. Flatten the balls into 1/2-inch thick disks, spacing them evenly on unlined cookie sheets. Bake until light brown, but still moist in the center, about 12 minutes. Cool on a rack.
Kicked Up Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake With Nutty Topping
Blueberry Raspberry Muffins With Streusel Topping
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Lattice Top Peach Cobbler
Grilled Banana Splits with Hot Fudge and Rum Caramel Sauce
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Gigi's Carrot Cake