- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 3 tablespoons
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
- With a handheld or standing mixer, beat together the shortening and butter. Add the 1 1/2 cups sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll the dough, by hand, into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar. Flatten the balls into 1/2-inch thick disks, spacing them evenly on unlined cookie sheets. Bake until light brown, but still moist in the center, about 12 minutes. Cool on a rack.
Kicked Up Oatmeal Cookies
Blueberry Raspberry Muffins With Streusel Topping
Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake With Nutty Topping
Coconut Layer Cake
Blueberry Peach Cobbler
Angel Food Cake with Marinated Peaches
Ginger Ice Cream Sandwiches with Ginger Molasses Cookies
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Poached Pears With Port Syrup And Blue Cheese