- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 turns fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound risotto
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1 cup warm beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Over medium heat, in a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Heat the oil for 1 minute. Add the pancetta and saute for 1 minute. Add the onions, salt, white pepper, and black pepper. Saute for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the risotto. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 5 cups of beef stock and garlic. Dissolve the saffron in the 1 cup of warm beef stock.
- Stir the stock into the risotto. Bring the liquid up to a simmer, about 6 minutes.
- Simmer the risotto for 18 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the remaining butter, cream, and grated cheese. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and serve.
- Spoon the risotto in the center of four large plates. Lay one OSSO BUCO on top of each plate. Spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with parsley.