- 2 pounds beef tenderloin
- Olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup cracked black pepper
- 8 1-inch slices of Italian bread (tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper and toasted until slightly golden)
- 1/2 cup Creole Mustard
- 8 1/4-inch slices (about 1-ounce each) of provolone cheese
- 1/2 small Vidalia onion, julienned
- 1 roasted red pepper, julienned
- 1 roasted yellow pepper, julienned
Rub the entire tenderloin with olive oil. Season the tenderloin with salt. Roll the tenderloin in the cracked black pepper. In a hot saute pan, sear the tenderloin for 3 minutes on all sides for medium rare. Remove the tenderloin from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Prehet the oven to the broil setting.
Spread each slice of toasted bread with Creole Mustard. Slice the tenderloin into thin slices. Divide the beef into eighths. Start building the sandwich with the beef, cheese, onions, and peppers. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Broil until the cheese is slightly melted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with sprigs of fresh basil.
Serve hot with a fork and knife.
Emeril's Knife And Fork Open-faced Sandwich
Open Face Salmon Reuben
Emeril's Open Face Reuben
Hot Open Faced Chicken Loaf Sandwich
Open Faced Roast Turkey Sandwiches
Chilled Avocado Soup With A Crabmeat Relish
Delmonico's Steak Sandwich
Grilled Spinach and Artichoke Dip Sandwich
Roast Beef Sandwich with French Onion Dip and Crispy Shallots
Emeril's Knife And Fork Open Faced Sandwich