- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and small diced
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 cups leftover cornbread crumbs
- 1 to 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 (6-ounce) flounder fillets
- Sauce Piquante
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil. When the oil is hot add the eggplant. Season with salt and cayenne. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Add the onions and celery. Season with salt and cayenne. Continue to sauté for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggplant mixture, garlic and cornbread. Mix well. Stir in enough of the chicken stock to make a moist but not overly wet dressing.
- Rub the remaining tablespoon of oil on both sides of each fillet and season lightly with salt and cayenne. Place the fish, skin side up, on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Place 1 cup of the dressing on half of each fillet. Fold the fillets in half over the dressing and press down lightly to secure. Place the fish in the oven and bake until the fish is opaque and the dressing is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to plates. Garnish with parsley and serve with the sauce piquante.
Roast Flounder Stuffed With Eggplant Corn Bread Dressing
Whole Roasted Squabs Stuffed With Eggplant And Bacon Dressing
Roasted Eggplant Stuffed With A Portugese Rice Dressing
Whole Trout Stuffed With A Bacon And Eggplant Dressing
Pancetta Stuffed Flounder With Boiled New Potatoes And Hollandaise Sauce
Herb Cheese Stuffed And Fried Eggplant Steaks With Braised Radicchio, Fennel, And Escarole
Eggplant And Oyster Stuffed Peppers With A Creole Sauce
Roasted Squab Stuffed With A Creole Rice Dressing
Smoked Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops With Andouille Hollandaise And Smothered Greens
Stuffed Roasted Veal Roast With A Spicy Tomato Sauce And Creamy Pasta