- 2 2/3 cups (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, milk, sugar, almonds, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from the refrigerator and form into balls about the size of a pecan. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl set over simmering water or in a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Using two toothpicks, dip each ball into the chocolate, covering them evenly. Place them on the prepared sheet. Using a fork, drizzle the tops of each ball with any remaining chocolate. Refrigerate until set. Place the bon bons on a serving platter and serve.
Milk Chocolate And Coffee Kahlua-spiked Ice Cream Bonbons
Hot Mayonnaise Glazed Scallops
Angel Hair Pasta With Black Truffles
Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream Bonbons
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Lattice Top Peach Cobbler
Classic New Orleans Bread Pudding with a Bourbon Sauce