- 1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup Abita Turbo Dog Beer
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 2 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1/2 pound crawfish tails
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
- 6 large Louisiana soft-shells, cleaned
- 2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into shoestring potatoes
- 1 recipe of Maw-Mawís Slaw
- Preheat the fryer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugar together. Whisk in the beer, and egg yolks. Whisk until smooth. Season the batter with salt and pepper. Cover the batter and let rest for 30 minutes. Uncover the batter and fold in the beaten egg whites.
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions. Season with Essence. Saute for 1 minute. Add the crawfish. Season with Essence. Saute for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic, parsley, water and bread crumbs. Cool completely.
- Stuff the cavity of each soft-shell with 3 tablespoons of the crawfish filling. Dip the soft-shells in the batter, letting the excess drip off. Hold the body of the crab with the claws and legs hanging down over the hot fat and carefully drop it in. Repeat with the remaining crabs. Fry until golden brown, flipping the crabs with tongs 2 to 3 times to brown evenly. The crabs will float to the surface of the oil when they are cooked. Drain on paper towels. Season with Essence. Fry the potatoes until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, mound the slaw in the center of each plate. Arrange the shoestrings around each plate of slaw. Lay each soft-shell on top of the slaw.
Beer Battered Fried Okra Stuffed With Crabmeat And A Spicy Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Clancy's Fried Oysters With Brie
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Oyster Stew With Andouille Mashed Potatoes
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Grilled Oysters on the Half Shell
Roasted Stuffed Pork Tenderloin With Smothered Black Eyed Peas
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Oyster Rockefeller Soup Garnished with Crispy Bacon and Fried Oysters