- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 head of garlic, split in half
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 pound crab meat, picked over for cartilage
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Finely chopped red onions
- Finely chopped hard-boiled egg whites
- Finely chopped hard-boiled egg yolks
- Capers, drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8 (4-ounce) ramekins with butter. In a sauce pot, bring the cream and garlic up to a simmer. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks together. Temper the cream into the yolks. Stir in the shallots, Cognac, cayenne, and crab meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the ramekins in an oven proof baking pan. Ladle the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Fill the baking pan with water until it comes 2/3 of the way up the ramekins. Bake for 30 minutes or until the custard has set. Remove from the oven. Using a knife gently loosen the custard from the ramekin and invert onto the serving plates. Drizzle each plate with the sabayon. Garnish with the traditional garnishes and caviar.
Warm Lobster Salad
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Gratineed Crabmeat With Sauce Mornay
Wild Mushroom And Foie Gras Turbo Dog Bisque
Emeril's Onion Soup
Chocolate Crepes With Fresh Strawberries
Pan Fried Spicy Crab Cakes