- 2 pound venison loin, trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into curls
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups assorted berries, washed and stemmed, (sliced if needed)
- 2 cups veal reduction
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Make 10 slits in the loin and stuff each slit with 1 garlic clove. Rub the entire loin with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the venison and sear, turning with tongs, for 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Remove from the pan and let rest for a 10 minutes before slicing.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium pot over high heat to 350 degrees F. Add the sweet potato curls and fry until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Lightly season with salt and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, garlic and berries, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the reduction and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat. Using a hand-held blender, puree until smooth. Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the seeds. Place the sauce in a clean pan. Add the honey and butter and whisk until smooth.
- To serve, cut the venison into 1/2-inch thick slices and divide among 6 dinner plates. Top with the sauce and garnish with the fried sweet potato curls.
Foies Gras And Pumpkin Pudding
Seared Venison Chops With Elderberry Reduction, Garlic Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes, And Sauteed Baby Spinach
Ontario Lamb Loin With Saskatoon Berry Chutney
Venison Medallions With Balsamic Reduction And Celery Pear Puree
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Garlic Studded Pot Roast
Lemon Mousse Cakes
Roasted Rainbow Trout With A Lump Crab Meat And Grilled Asparagus Relish With A Lemon Beurre Blanc
Garlic Roasted Pork Loin With Raspberry Chipotle Glaze